Third Times a Charm (2015 WC Altum Spawn)

Well it looks like they finally got it right. I made quite a few adjustments to try and make it easier for them and they rewarded me with this. I've got a ton of footage of the spawn but its a recording of an IP cam so the resolution is bad. I'll have to go through it and post the best. It was amazing to watch the entire process without disturbing them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Third Times a Charm (2015 WC Altum Spawn)

Like I said... MAGIC MIKE 3!
One of these days Pam will surprise you and come to Vegas to see the show!
I like the way they spread out the clutch... big eggs BTW.
How far around the cone do the eggs spread?
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Zebras can be funny that way. My wild group gave me 100s of fry until they got to old to spawn every two weeks. I still get spawns but not many. I have had 0 success with my own F1s at adult size. I believe they need to be moved to completely new water elsewhere to get them going.

But If I had your skill and results with altums I would not care much if my zebras didn't spawn. There are plenty of folks spawning zebras, there are very very few doing what you are with altums.
What makes the common man uncommon is common sense.

TwoTankAmin wrote:Zebras can be funny that way. My wild group gave me 100s of fry until they got to old to spawn every two weeks. I still get spawns but not many. I have had 0 success with my own F1s at adult size. I believe they need to be moved to completely new water elsewhere to get them going.

But If I had your skill and results with altums I would not care much if my zebras didn't spawn. There are plenty of folks spawning zebras, there are very very few doing what you are with altums.
Thanks Chris. It sure would be nice to see a few tiny zebras just dart around the tank one day and surprise me.