Numbers

Ed...I also mentioned #'s of schoolers...i'm thinking of about 40 penguins...and a dozen panda cory's...I have 39 rummies in my discus tank...and they look great schooling...the altum tank should have lots less plants...so they should put on quite a show...you think that # will work?Ken

re: Numbers

I have never kept penguin tetras and don't know how they will behave in such a large shoal in an aquarium. I know there is a species of penguin that grows quite large, almost 3 inches, ... I'd keep away from that one, or have just a small number of them. I have kept rosy tetras and BHT, among others, at different moments, in groups of up to 18. This was in a 125G. I also had some 20 cardinals (they were eaten), about 6 medium sized plecos and about 8 wild rams. Like I said this was a 125G I had in my home as display... I really don't have any display tanks for now.
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

re: Numbers

I had 45-60 BHTs and found that they weren't very good schoolers in the long run. I find that the larger tetras, once they start feeling secure in the aquarium, tend to scatter and not school/shoal any more.