re: Has anyone keep festivums cichlid

Both. But if you are bringing them in wild, you need to quarantine and deworm-deparasite, before putting them in the tank with altum that have been in tank for a longer time. If you are getting them at the same time, you can dworm and dparasite together. I don´t know how altum F1s might get along with wild mesonauta.
Again, in nature, altum and mesonauta schools are almost always found in the same habitat, either in very close quarters or even mixed with each other.
ER
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

I believe you will be fine considering you are giving each adult fish about 40+ liters per fish. So supposing you have a good sized canister or sump containing enough cycled biomedia and your pump is of the proper rating (around 2500 lph for 560 lts), you should have no problem.
In a case like this, a good UV and spray bar or venturi equipped outlets (fine bubble diffusion) will help a lot.
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

ok i can get a hold of 2 mesonauta insignis ,but i,m wondering if it,s ok to just put 2 of them with my altum maybe two of them is not enough ,or maybe they will feel ok when they can school with the altum a bit.
anyone got some idea?

they also have 8 mesonauta mirificus but those are not found in the orinoco river ,but they sure look similair , it should be as natural as possible in my opinion but maybe it,s hard to notice the difference once they are in the tank

Very likely, they will think they are altum and interreact with the rest as if they were just one more in the tank. If they are a pair, they will chase off the altum from their territory and get to their own business. If conditions are correct for altum, it is very likely that your M. insignis will breed and spawn in the tank.
Please keep me posted if you do go that way.
Ed
E.R.