Re: wildcaught orinoco altum spawning

Congratulations again Andries. You've become a member of a very elite club. How old is your pair? I would take the eggs next time if you want fry. Let them try again after you have your fry to raise . That said, my altum made excellent parents eventually. The best I have ever seen. It's incredible to watch them parent. I'm really excited for you. Typical cycle here once they start if you keep pushing them is 3 weeks. Good luck.

Mike

MikeTroxell wrote:Congratulations again Andries. You've become a member of a very elite club. How old is your pair? I would take the eggs next time if you want fry. Let them try again after you have your fry to raise . That said, my altum made excellent parents eventually. The best I have ever seen. It's incredible to watch them parent. I'm really excited for you. Typical cycle here once they start if you keep pushing them is 3 weeks. Good luck.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I,m not really sure cause I bought them in march this year but I traced the first owner and he said they should be around 2,5/ 3 years.I am the 3rd owner.

I did a 3/4 water today because it,s low pressure now and bad weather. i,m also going to buy some live white mosquito worms and live tubifex and hope for the best.

puertoayacucho wrote:Hi Andries, so has anything new happened?

hi yes Ed, :D

they spawned twice more, the second time I saw that where going to start, but had to leave to got on a cruise.
They ate everything again.

The last time they spawned was last Wednesday I took the spawn away and placed it in another tank but
the eggs turned all white after a few days.

So now I moved the pair to a 520 liter tank and they are already cleaning the cones again.
So I guess they will spawn again soon.