re: CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE TROXELL!

Hello everyone,

Been away for some time and miss all you guys. Been busy with my Discus keeping lately but still have my Altums.
As soon as I saw the post and watched the video on Simply Discus my heart started beating and got chills runny up my body.
What a remarkable achievement indeed Mike.
I will be watching closely for further updates.
Man-o-man this is great.

...Ralph
When it's all said and done, Altums are truly a man's best friend.

re: CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE TROXELL!

Hello everyone,

Been away for some time and miss all you guys. Been busy with my Discus keeping lately but still have my Altums.
As soon as I saw the post and watched the video on Simply Discus my heart started beating and got chills runny up my body.
What a remarkable achievement indeed Mike.
I will be watching closely for further updates.
Man-o-man this is great.

...Ralph
When it's all said and done, Altums are truly a man's best friend.

Re: re: CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE TROXELL!

19ghost79 wrote:Ed was with me every step of the way for every up and down and for every FREAK out. I never could have raised these fish and spawned them without his expertise. Ed Ruiz AKA The Altum Guru.
Oh those freak outs!

Mike... you are a person all of us can look up to. What you've just done is really NOTHING, compared to other things you've endured and succeeded in throughout your life. This is just a little reward from above to let you know, you've done things the right way, especially in the really hard things.

I never doubted for a minute you'd do it!
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

BrainDevil wrote:Well done Mike!!

Now just hope Heiko dosen't show up and tell you that they're actually Scalare from Rio Negro :D
Between Ed and Mike's knowledge and experience Finarama holds authority to all things altum. Also a good reminder that stubborn narcissism can quickly bring down anyone's credibility….

BrainDevil wrote:Well done Mike!!

Now just hope Heiko dosen't show up and tell you that they're actually Scalare from Rio Negro :D
Well, we know where these fish were caught, down to the exact location, the local fisherman who the exporter's buyer in the field got them from, and of course, the exporter in Bogota, as well as the importer who received them and sold them here... so really, we're being pretty objective as to where the fish are from (Caño Bocón on the Rio Inirida, Colombia, from Spring 2009).

This is the good thing of having set up exporters and importers that I know and have worked with for several years now and on the exporter´s side, a first requisite was for him to provide us with exact data as to where the shipments were collected from, as a matter of fact, I even have some UTM coordinates when the fishermen have been more open with Jose´s buyer on the field.

Several good friends, as well as some members of Finarama have been working in different ways with different interests to ensure this information.

I am saying this just to support Mike´s work and let it be known that he did not get these fish online or at a pet shop. Mike´s altum as well as many others I have records for, are the real thing. In this sense (as to where Mike´s fish are from), we really won´t be asking or listening for second opinions.

MIKE WANTED TO BE SURE HE WOULD BE WORKING WITH THE RIGHT FISH FROM DAY ONE.

Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.