It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:34 pm 

Here is a link (video) from spawning of my wilds, the spown is in my show tank, here there are some discus fish, young pair wild peruvians and the wild pair spawning. I separate the eggs from the parrents and I care about them, keeping them in airated acidic and very soft water. Your comments will be welcome :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jil6tukD9iw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am 
Administrator

Really nice fish and tank as well. Congratulations! It also looks like you have quite an angelfish breeding operation going on in the other youtube videos.

Could you share some details re: water parameters used to spawn the wilds?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 am 

Thank you califish.
Yes, I have a mini Pterophyllum farm, there are lots of varieties that I breed, but in the future i will try to focus more on the wild spiecies. If I was in another country I would be a millioner with that number of fish that I produce, but in my country the price of angelfish is very very low, much less then 1 euro for piece. So, I do, breed the angelfish more for my own satisfaction.

The water that I use for the wilds is RO, and I'm adding drops of Sera Mycopur to protect the eggs from fungal infections.

Thank you friend, I'm new on this forum and I hope there will be good times to share experiences with you all.
Vlatkon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am 
Scientific Research Administator

Dear Vlatkom,

Your wild-caught Peruvian angels are very pretty and your videos of when they spawn are very nice. I want to ask you why do you want to separate the eggs and the fry from the parents. It would be much better if you allowed them to raise their own fry.

You have asked that we comment about your videos and fishes so this is what I want to do now. What I see from your other videos are many, many fishes in your tanks. I have never seen so many angels in one tank before! I also see that in the tanks where you have so many large angels that the fins are shorter, I think they are eating each other because there are so many in the tank. My advice would be that you should sell some of your fishes before they get to that size so that you have enough space for your smaller fishes. Can you not sell some of your fishes to one of the local pet shops in your area.

However, I do not want to only sound negative, you are very welcome on this forum and we look forward to help you make a success of your hobby and I can see that you have very nice fishes, you just need to manage the numbers better.

Kind regards,

Dirk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:02 pm 

Yes, your comments are right, those videos are old, i don't have any of those angels now, and I have the empty tanks to organise well the next juveniles for quallity growing. That was my beggining with breeding the angelfish, and you know, in the beggining it is interesting to you and you want 100% of your capacity :) but now I'm rising quality angelfish only, high body, selected pairs. Wilds are those who attracts me most.

The eggs I saparated because they will not have the chance to survive in a show tank.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm 

Dirk Bellstedt wrote:
Dear Vlatkom,

Your wild-caught Peruvian angels are very pretty and your videos of when they spawn are very nice.

I have to correct you, those who are spawning are Manacapuru (red shoulder) :)

Peruvians are the other pair in the same tank who are much younger than the Manacapuru. I'm so impressed of them, they look so elegant showing their high body and vivid color. The color is not much noticable on the video, I have had the very first spawn from the Peruvians, but I left the eggs with parents in the show tank, you know first time there isn't success, but I'll take a good care on their next spawn :)
Best regards my friends, I'm so happy to join you, but as a noticied there is not much activity from the other members on the forum, I hope I'm wrong. :) and sorry about my English, maybe I'm making some mistakes, but hope i'ts not so bad to not understand me. Cheers, Vlatkon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 pm 
Administrator

Vlatkon wrote:
Thank you califish.
Yes, I have a mini Pterophyllum farm, there are lots of varieties that I breed, but in the future i will try to focus more on the wild spiecies. If I was in another country I would be a millioner with that number of fish that I produce, but in my country the price of angelfish is very very low, much less then 1 euro for piece. So, I do, breed the angelfish more for my own satisfaction.

The water that I use for the wilds is RO, and I'm adding drops of Sera Mycopur to protect the eggs from fungal infections.

Thank you friend, I'm new on this forum and I hope there will be good times to share experiences with you all.
Vlatkon.

Hi Vlatkon,

I appreciate you sharing your experience in breeding wilds (and domestics) here on the forum. It's always very challenging to get these fish to breed speaking for myself, but nevertheless a good time while trying. I'm also using RO for water changes now, and surprisingly out of my original 10 altums I have three pairs that display and peck at breeding cones, but so far no spawns. I've also just purchased a domestic breeding pair housed in the same tank using dividers to hopefully trigger spawning in the wilds - be it pheromones or some other stimuli for induction. Anyhow, great work and please keep updating!

Dennis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:52 am 
Scientific Research Administator

Hi Vlatkom,

Let me start with your last comments about your English, we are interested in Angels on this forum first and then English comes after that, so please do not excuse your English, for our communication your English is just fine.

I want to apologize for my incorrect comment about your Manacapuru angels, which I confused with your Peruvian angels. From your video I can see that your Peruvian angels are also very nice fishes.

Where do your Manacapuru angels come from? Is there an importer in Macedonia or are these from another country in Europe? Are these fishes wild caught or are they captive bred? From what I hear from Europe where many Manacapuru angels have been imported to, I hear that many people are breeding them, so I would be interested to hear where your fishes come from.

Kind regards,

Dirk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 am 

Dirk, in my country no one breeds the wild Pterophyllum, that's so true. Both Manacapuru and Peruvians are imported from Germany and sold as wild caught. You never know the true, but i think they really are a wild caught, they show much more different behaviour, and it's so hard to make them spawn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:28 am 

Guys, I have to update here :)
Today I got a free swimming F1 fry. They got their very first meal of newly hatched BBS. I don't have a picture right now, but I'll keep updating and there will be a pictures too.
Cheers! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am 

Exciting news...Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 am 

Brilliant Vlatkon! Cool vids, thanks for sharing :)
Cheers Mike.