It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 am 

Great news!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:29 pm 
Administrator

Dirk Bellstedt wrote:
Hi Everyone,

For those of you who are interested in Simon Forkel's breeding successes, he has just informed me that he has managed to get a Rio Inirida pair to breed as well as, finally, his Rio Atapabo fishes! This is the spectacular pair of which I have posted pics before on another thread. The Rio Inirida spawn is large and the Rio Atabapo spawn is small, but Simon assures me he will be able to get them to spawn again, now that he has broken through the initial barrier of getting them to spawn in the first place.

See: http://www.skalarezucht.de/index.php?op ... &Itemid=30

We must congratulate Simon on his breeding achievements, he has put the whole breeding of P altum on a different level, and for the competent aquarist he is is giving us a lot more hope that this can actually be done.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Dirk, certainly Simon´s openness to you and Phil, as well as his good communication are things that help him very much to be highly respected. In my opinion, his work casts no doubts as to the clean lineages he is working with. His F1 (now broodstock) are as typical as any Orinoco wildcaught. Even his well selected Linke and Siegrest fish are the best I have seen from those domesticated lines.
I am anxious to see the growing offspring from his recent IniridaXInirida and AtabapoXAtabapo WC breedings.
No doubt, Simon owns the crown of fish breeders.
On behalf of Finarama, the Admin Team and all of us, please somehow relay to him our deepest admiration.
Regards,
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:47 pm 

All I can say is wow, Simon Forkel's fish are just amazing. I goes it's just a matter of time before someone here in the States get the Wild Caught P Altums to breed as well.

TAS President 2013 & Supporter of Ken kennedy, Mike Gibbs & Dave Ramirez's Work...

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Cityofangelfish