Re: storing ro water

Hi Andries,

I store mine in 200L containers and I've never experienced bad water but I do put a bit of bleach in the water just to sterilize everything and then treat it with Prime to neutralize it before putting it in the tanks.
What I did notice is that heater and my air hoses would get slimy after couple of weeks and bleach cleans that up.

Re: storing ro water

HI
I have two side by side 110 gal verticle RO tanks that are piped together with a plenum and pumped around. It is in almost constant use and refill mode. The RO water will definiitely stay ok for as long as I ever have it around but that is much shorter than you mention...it will not build up any scum or other growth.. I did,for a time, store regular well water in one of the tanks.THat tank really scummed up and became a living pond fast. .
I am surprised that ,as altum keepers,you can keep up with making RO water.... let alone having it sit around.

With both tanks (each at different TDS and PH), I have started to aerate just in case dissolved oxygen is low from the well. AS with many things,though,the devil is in the details. These tanks are 6 feet high and my simple air pumps do not want to pump that deep and if I find one around that will there is a danger that the pump will blow the airline right off the pump nipple.
BTW ., the pump that pumps the water to the tanks is an Iwaki 20 RxT..it is actually too slow with too low a head pressure..you really need a 30 or a 40 model .
AL