Re: Corys

Yes I did Ed. They said the blochi were not blochi at all. And the first circled fish is not Lamberti. I kind of figured that one wasn't. The second circled one could possibly be a lamberti but can not tell for sure.

Thanks to all who helped. Maybe someone will hear of some Lamberti being available one day.

All the best,
Dick

I'll be curious and keep eyes opened. A lot of things come in under C. puntatus. So shop around under this name and put your eagle eye into it. Good luck
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Believe it or but I still have been trying to identify this Corydoras.
I thought I might have found it and it might be Corydoras loretoensis.
Wrong answer. Corydoras loretoensis doesn't have the black flag tip dorsal fin mark nor the same type of body spot pattern.
Larry Waybright
Trout fly fisherman.

Hi Larry, several species of these spotted as well as the green and banded Corydoras are not easy to tell apart and the misidentification and reclassification along the years doesn't help. I hope dick got a clearer answer at PC.
And Dick, did you ever find out what species it actually was?
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

The answer I got was " The ones on the picture (not circeled) are not blochi blochi, but C102 or another "leopardus"-looking fish.

The ones circeled (at least one of them , the other one turns the back towards us, so difficult to tell) is not C. lamberti, but some agassizii-looking fish."

Well, whatever YOU buy will ultimately be a LAMBERTI, whichever way you look at it. Capisce Signore Lamberti?
Last edited by puertoayacucho on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E.R.

I found an adult photo of cf Lamberti. A exporter in Brazil said the last time he had them the price would of been $250.00 American each. They can only be collected during floods. Well at least I have pictures of them.