Corys

I have been looking for some Corydoras lamberti Nijssen & Isbrücker, 1986, for several years. I was able to find that they are in the same area as the Blochi Blochi that John Kreatsoulas has for sale.

John was nice enough to send me two photos of the Blochi he has for sale. I have included three photos and am asking if it would be worth taking a chance from his photos to take a chance on these being Lamberti?

Re: Corys

Which of the St John's has these nice corys? Murray (HAW) or Kreatsoulas (Snookn21)?
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

I'd buy them as lamberti or delphax...but definitely not blochi...going by the pics.
Last edited by puertoayacucho on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Was looking at this thread earlier from work, on my phone, and if you wanted lamberti, go for them, that is what they are... not blochi, not delphax. I'll bet Larry will be with me on this one, and he really knows corys.
E.R.

Ed,
I had emailed Snookin telling him I wanted to get them when I get my altums. The bottom two photos are the ones he sent me. The top one I borrowed from Planet Catfish. I also asked if he would keep an eye out so I could try to set up a productive colony.

Myself being a Lambert that is only right! LOL

puertoayacucho wrote:Was looking at this thread earlier from work, on my phone, and if you wanted lamberti, go for them, that is what they are... not blochi, not delphax. I'll bet Larry will be with me on this one, and he really knows corys.
Sorry folks, but I don't know my Corydoras species all that well.
I have bred almost 20 Corydoras species but all but C121 were named species.
There must be at least 600 species and half are not yet named.
I would put this question on www.planetcatfish.com
Someone there is sure know what these are.
Larry Waybright
Trout fly fisherman.

Hey Larry, Now I know...you don't know!
I'll write Shane.. not sure if he is still at PC but if he answers, he will know.
E.R.

Hi Shane and thanks so much for joining in... so, what are they?

I was basically looking into the spot in the dorsal fin and it not continuing down into the dorsal flank proper as it apparently occurs in C. blochi. In the pics of Snookn21's fish posted by Dick, the spot is isolated within the dorsal fin. Head and snout differ in shape than Blochi, which has a slightly more elongated shape I believe.

You and Larry who I look up to with these issues, just gave me a good "old" lesson... not to jump conclusions so quickly, thnx both of you!

I hope you or whoever you think could help us a bit, can give us a tad more insight on what these fish are... hope not to take too much of your time!

Thnx

Ed
Last edited by puertoayacucho on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.R.

DLFL wrote:Ed,
I had emailed Snookin telling him I wanted to get them when I get my altums. The bottom two photos are the ones he sent me. The top one I borrowed from Planet Catfish. I also asked if he would keep an eye out so I could try to set up a productive colony.

Myself being a Lambert that is only right! LOL
Yeh, I noticed you're related to these cory catfish...LOL! I just hope you don't have scales...well then, neither do they! You must be closely related!
E.R.

One more question Dick.... I noticed that you circled one particular fish... what does the circle mean? any particular question about that specific fish?
E.R.

I need to apologize, I was comparing apples and oranges here and thinking the first individual photo was part of those sent by John, but I think I now understand. First pic is C. lamberti and you posted it for comparison (?)

I browsed around seeing if we can find a dichotomous key for the Corydoras genus, but have not found one as of yet, have you asked directly at PC?
E.R.