re: a few pics of my aquariums

thanks Ed, I added 8 checkerboards only a couple of weeks ago and just noticed the spawning 2 or 3 days ago, that is what motivated me to pull the camera out and try to figure out how to work it! i presume they will end up as food for the cardinals and green fire tetras this time, but i plan to set up a smaller tank for a pair of them soon, i have found it is all well and good to raise fry and grow them on, but what then, it can be very difficult to find homes for them once it is time to move them on. so now i am generally happy to see the spawing process and the behaviour of the parent fish, if a couple survive that is great.

For the past 3 months since i started the build of the fish house i'm very busy, i finished to buil the fish house, i instaled few of the tanks, i am half way thru the build of the huge display plywood tank that will be in the fish house then i have to setup the 5 racks with 30 tanks and finish landscaping around the new and bigger pond so it will be a while until i'll post some photos/videos of the tanks and in top of that i have fry to look after, the F1 royal green discus, CW010 corys and L183. Sorry for the long off topic replay Joe but come to my house and i'll let you take photos/videos of my setups to post them here :wink:

here is an update of the planted tank in the earlier shots, i have removed most of the faster growing species below the water and over time added some more branches breaking the surface
right hand side of tank
left hand side of tank
full tank shot, plus cup of coffee :oops:
and a picture of one of the Biotodoma cupido from the earlier shots, they have grown on quite a bit since then.

Joe, I had not seen all these pics. My man, you have real to life aquariums, it is hard to choose among any of the pics which show the entire aquascape of your aquariums. I really like the authentic simplicity of the first one. The naturally laid out "unplan" of the planted tank is phenomenal as well.
Congrats
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.