Re: Ivan Mikolji's Venezuelan Freshwater Habitat's video.

Happy Birthday Lionel, working here on the present you want to get yourself!

I guess Ivan just wanted to make things more mysterious filming altums in the pitch of dark... I hate going into rivers or any water body, even a dang pool for the fact, at night... a bad experience way back.

The fish at 19 m most likely belong to genus Hemigrammus, probably H. marginatus or a close species... but it´s hard to precise, they move too fast. There are a number of these species that are closely related or have slight variations. If they are H. marginatus, they pick up a nice rich yellow coloration in the caudal, dorsal and anal fin when ready to breed and (in Venezuela) we call them "sardinita amarilla" o "sardinita dorada", which means yellow or golden sardine. I think they are called Gold or Golden Tetras commercially.

Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Re: Ivan Mikolji's Venezuelan Freshwater Habitat's video.

This is a series of videos produced by Ivan Mikolji (he is the one driving the truck) for his Aquatic-Experts / Fish From Venezuela Project and George Fear (NJ Aquarist, LFS owner, importer). One of the best Pirahna feeding frenzies I have seen taped. Note the clarity of the water of this flooded habitat in Venezuela's Llanos region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAYaeGgrUA
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.