It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:06 am 

Hi friends.
Much from you know about my new works around not only wild types of Pterophyllum, but also about new work by system of breeder´s forms from P.scalare. From end of last year I have finished new system of breeder´s forms and today I was need translate it to English. So I exploit this situation for giving it here also for your needs.

New system of breeder´s forms by P.scalare (2007)

1. group - base fourstripped angels
1a - fourstripped (classic fourstripped breeder´s angels, what have after one hundred years with selective breeding in aquaristis tanks more differents from right nature populations)
1b - fourstripped smoke (darker type of some known angels)
1c - deep dark fourstripped (fishes, what we see on first moment as black, but if we´re can see they in good light, we can see on their body clear black stripes on rest of dark body)
1d - fourstripped albin (these fishes haven´t some black /melanin/ signs, but their places where we know strippes by normal angels have clear white color and are very good seen and they have red eyes)
1e - blue fourstriped (newest breeder´s colour form, what were must borned now in this milenium, about them do you know from my contribution here in forum)

2. group - onecolour angels
2a - white (clear white fishes with absence of some iridiscence guanofores in their inner skin, what can have be only minimum some colour small flecks)
2b - silver (same fishes as white with reverse ratio of guanofores in inner skin - they have strong silver bright lustre)
2c - orange/red head (white fish with strongly orange or to red colored head and back of body)
2d - albin (normal wholebody white classic albin with red eyes)
2e - black (whole clear black fish without any darker or light flecks)
2f - dark (in first view these fishes seems as black, but their body haven´t typical black colour, but with good lights more dark grey-brown body and tummy - they´re not clear black)

3. group - ghosts
3a - ghost /also "transparent right ghost/ (elder ghost type, where fishes have as it were transparent body and self-evident also "red operculum". We can see throughout their body some bodily life organs)
3b - brown ghost /also known as "grey" ghost/ (fishes have brown to grey colour of body and strong darker skirting of unpaired fins)
3c - orange ghost (fishes very similar as first from this group, but they havent so perfect transparent body, what have more as light orange skin and "meat". Their orange color can be also into bases of fins, whare have dark (more brown than black) skirting of unpaired fins also)
3d - rosa ghost ( fishes have more light rosa colour on their bodys than silver. More places on body haven´t guanofores and on their tummys we can see flecks from guanofores what seems to us assome small mirrors, they have also red-brown head and back and dark any parts of unpaired fins)
3e - red /also known as "red ghost"/ (really red - by some perfect ones have be their red as raspberry red colour - fishes with darker skirts on unpaired fins)
3f - blue ghost (very similar fish, what have not red, but grey to light blue colou of body and fins)

4. group - bicolor
4a - bicolor (classic two coloured fishes - black&white, what have been clear black one back third of body with same it on fins and two front thirds partys of body in clear silver-white colour)
4b - redhead bicolor /also maybe known as "goldhead bicolor"/ (same fish as 4a with strong orange-red colour on head and back, what go also into dorsal fin)

5. group - stained (maybe also leopards)
5a - leopard (classic fishes with light silver body, where they have more large flecks. I think, that in USA they are known also as "Clowns")
5b - leopard smoke (same fishes as 5a, but their colours are more darker and they have very expressive black laces in unpaired fins)
5c - dark leopard (same colour view as by 1c, but we these can be view not strippes, but leopard´s flecks)

6. group - marbled
6a - marble light (classic light marble more black & white coloured fishes. Their black signs may have been so from cca 10 to 50 % of body area, not more)
6b - marble dark (same style as by 6a, but their share of black signs must be more than 50 % of body area. They can have also some yellow to orenge-red signs on head, back and also on some rays of dorsal fins)
6c - goldhead marble /or redhead marble also; in Germany known as "Gold kopf"/ (black & white marbled fishes with very strong orange-red colour not only in head, back and dorsal fin, but also possible in down partys of body. Their share of black signs must have between 10 to 95 % of body, no fewer)
6d - koi (classic known fishes with white-silver body, what can may their black signs fewer than so 10 % in body and fins. Originaly were came in beginning of 90´European aquarists with fishes, about they´re asserted, that these fishes haven´t some scales. They don´t know, that these fishes were hadn´t only guanofores in their inner skin. This things were forgotten before more times and in last ten years we´re know this name only for these -6d and some others from 6 group/ fishes)
6e - yellowhead koi (same fishes as 6d with clear strong yellow head and back)
6f - orange koi /also known as "honey koi" or in germany as "Red devil from Frank Wilhelm"/ (same fishes as 6d, what have not only head, back and in fins strong orange-red colour, but they have same colour also in more than 30 % of body. Today we´re kow also fishes, what have whole body in orange colour with only very fewer black flecks. Possible see Dave Hlasnick sites - I think, that he´s possible first on world, who made them)
6g - dalmatin (some new form from 6 group. They are whitebody fishes with too much so 2 - 3 mm black flecks in whole body. They are really as dalmatin dogs)

7. group - dotted (possible also as spotted)
7a - map ( some elder form from this group - fishes, where have in their body from rear half dark drawing, what make some similar as map. Their rest of body have be silverwhite and they can have be from ochreous to light brown colour on head and back)
7b - california (where they were borned I really don´t know, but I like their name too much...:). These fishes have be as base of body silver light grey with light blue-green iridiscence colour. They have darker map similar as by 7a and on whole body very small brown dots)
7c - jaguar /very rare form also known as "green angel" and I think also as "Rainbow"/ (they are similar colours as 7b ofcourse without map drawing. They have on body more brown to smaragd green very small dots and their body can be causes to very light green shade)

8. group - morestripped /also can be as "zebras"/
8a - zebra (they do you know as classic normal light zebras - they are fishes, what have more than four vertical strippes on body from mouth to caudal part. Their strippes are also against fourstripped more narrow)
8b - zebra smoke ( here paid same as for fourstripped smoke, but they also as 8a have more than four vertical strippes)
8c - zebra blue (same fishes as 1e but with more than four vertical strippes. Against 1e they have also small strong dark dotts similar as by 7c)
8d - dark zebra (similar fishes as 1c, 2f and 5c. With good light we can see on their body zebra´s strippes)
8e - tiger /also known as "orange zebra"/ (very rare fishes known only from some few photos from Hans Joachim Richter /can you see them in Axelrod´d big Freswater fish atlas or Axelrod-Burgess "angels lovers bible"/. They are zebras with some more narrow vertical black strippes on ochreous- orange colour of body and fins. They have also very strong nice black laces)

9. group - gold angels . . . . . . ("oldies but goldies") :wink:
9a - gold (classic fish with silver-white body with yellow to orange head, back and often also front prat of dorsal fin)
9b - gold - lutino (same fishes as 9a, but they have some red lines and dots in some parts of body and also red lace in unpaired fins)
9c - orange (similar fishes as 6f with more than 70 % orange colour on body and also on unpaired fins without some one dark dot or fleck. In their inner skin haven´t some guanofores or they have been some small "mirrors" on their tummy parts)
9d - bronze (same coloured fishes as 9c, but they have in whole inner skin very much guanofores, what make their bronze bright lustre)

And on end of this I know also two colour forms, what aren´t in good stabilization yet or their right place haven´t serious just. First not right good stabilized are "blue california" angels (I was heard, that in Germany they are recognized from their aquarists and they have for them also their own name as "Berliner blau segelflosser" /Berlin´s blue Angels"/. I don´t saw them to now on my own eyes and also on some serious picture. And second form we´re know as "two-flecks", but here these fishes are only for "dirty waste" from selective breeding of dark and smoked leopards still.

Uff, it´s whole and I´ll be hoping, that here I was made so minimum of some grammar mistakes. Excuse me for it, please. :)

Jan