Re: aggression after a water change

Like that vid. Do the other tank inhabitants (I basically see medium cichlids) have respect for the hatch? or are they actively trying to make a quick brunch of them? I see mom and dad having a hell of a time there.
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Actually it being their first spawn I was not expecting it to last past a day or two, but the parents have been doing a good job with the spawn, they are losing the odd stray but there are still well over 150 fry there, I am just going to scoop out a dozen of two for a friend and leave the rest in the tank as I really don't want to raise a load of fish and then not be able to pass them on to others. The other fish in the tank are cupido, their young are the ones that seem to be picking off most of the fry that are lost, the other fish are a few tetras and plecs plus two other angels

I noticed the young Cupidos but I was mistaking them for Guianacara or a similar species. Did you breed and grow the Cupidos also in this tank?
You must fall asleep enjoying your tank, I mean, it must relax you totally when you have time to just look at it, without the maintenance work you probably put into it weekly.
Happy for you Joe.
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

yes, I left the parents take care of the baby cupido in the main tank, I know it was not the best idea regarding raising maximum numbers of fry, but I just wanted to watch proceedings and note how well they care for their young. On that note the male is still overseeing the young, hovering above them and moving in if any fish comes too close, the female lost interest at 6 weeks, but by then the young were too big to be eaten, so she did her job
The fish tank is my T.V. single channel, but always something good on worth watching!

joemc wrote:here is a link to the missing angelfish video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0cWxStkRk
joe
It was worth the wait... I have a video of rowdy Altum at unfriendly play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWS8ZwH3Eo

The larger number of fish allows the territorial aggression to be "better distributed"...

At this moment I have the 11 month old Ventuari group behaving badly for the last few days and ventrals are flying all over the place.

Ed
E.R.