It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:14 am 

Short reportage from III. Czech Competition of Angels with International turn-out

Hi all.
I´m bringing some news about IV. Aquafestival in Česká Lípa town, where were III. Czech Championship of Pterophyllum with International turn-out today. This whole action, what were second time in this town (first two vintages 2005 and 2006 were in Prague´s Congres Palace).
Whole show were placed into town´s Cultural house.

In front vestibul could every visitor buy some aquaristic merchandise and also some fishes at so five breeders and wholesalers. Bid of discuses and angels were good and I had more impressions, if I saw exhibition´s pieces later, that these fishes were better than shown fishes in tanks...

In exhibition hall were more than 150 exhibition´s tanks (from it so around forty of angels), exposition of new labyrinthfishe´s Horst Linke´s club, small place with fishing things (I think with cold water sporty fishing) and quite serious big exposition of orchids.

After some discussion with several of my knowledges, what were there from first times, I saw that my view on shown fishes were right. Organizer not disabused from problems at his previous exhibitions and he gave all fishes (discuses also) into tanks, where were as front sides hips of more than 60 cm long tanks. It was first bad situation there. At second, all tanks were wraped into shiny polythene light blue foil and on upper side of every tank were very strong white fluorescent lamps. In every tank were one submerged power head pump from which in every time were going over whole tank space thousands of small bubbles. Stressed fishes were hide before visitor (and also judges) at background side, more than 50 cm from us.
Better view I had at discuses, where were more big fishes, but at angels isn´t show nothing more than some fish in very blue fog.... If main organizer made all also in past two exhibitions, more and more our home-made breeders didn´t gave their good fishes there. Against first international exhibition in Prague 2006, where were 53 angels from seventeen exhibitors, were today only fishes from ten and most of them were new people, what didn´t knew local approach. From elder exhibitors were here only they, what got some evaluated at last two exhibitions (2006, 2008). From Germany so three fishes from Simon Forkel and from Czech Republic from Z.Dočekal and F.Staněk. Rest of exhibitors - one from Austria, another from Germany, one from Slovakia and other four new from Czech republic.

In opposite to Prague´s championship were see, that elder exhibitors were knowledgeabled and no gave their perfect home shown fishes there and so were win more values fishes from new breeders. If I was surprised also, why between more than forty exhibition tanks for angels are so around seven blank of it, one my friend, what have here his store said me, that in first day (Thursday) were more fishes died for some bad water, because main organizer didn´t ensured seeding of filtration matters, didn´t ensured right water condition and too much fishes were shocked and died. It´s very interesting, that discuses were survived it better than angels.

For it all I hadn´t good environments for make some serious pictures of shown angels there. Better fishes were in one uncompetitive sample big tank, where were so around eight nice Manacapuru scalares between plants or angels what were for sale at two merchandisers (they offered here also some young altums from Peter Hák´s fishroom).

Hmmm, what I can say about if all? I´m sorry, because were no much good things about this angel´s exhibition. Were here nothing, what´ll be make good advertisement for Czech aquaristic scene. Regrettably this organizer don´t want heard some good advices, what gave him some elder and experienced exhibitors after 2006 championship. It´s big damage for so good primal thought. He also didn´t publicized, who was in judgement commission and if his assistant were wrote results on labels by tanks, he wrote positions also on tanks without fishes...... I didn´t know, which people were in angel´s judgement, but I´m sure of, that here were neither of some our angel´s experts. In discus competition were situation different, what I know, there was as prime expert Horst Linke, who know it good I think.

Thank goodness, that it´s only one case in our Exhibitions and people here know it. I think, that these unprofessional and unserious access were one from things, what madden H. Bleher. He recognized, who is main organiser of this competition very good now.

Jan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:20 am 

Cultural house in Česká Lípa town and entrance gallery of Cultural house

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:22 am 

Aquaristic dealers and their fishes 1.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:25 am 

Main exhibition hall / German´s Labyrinth fish club exposition / Orchids and H-Linke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 am 

Discuses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:28 am 

Something from competition angels 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 am 

Something from competition angels 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:31 am 

Manacapuru angels in uncompetition tank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:59 pm 

Hi Jan, and all you guys,

I just returned from Prague, the (real) 4th International Discus Championships and International Killi Championships, a real fantastic orgnaised event, with thousands of vistors and fantastic fishes (and not a single dead, only top quality fishes, also 4 kind of angelfishes).

I also herard that not much good things of Ceska Lipa, very badly organized and dead fishes, wrong waters, very few people, etc. I am very sorry for the organizer, but unfortunately he did let himself be influenced by the wrong people...

There was not much what´ll be make good advertisement for Czech aquaristic scene, but in Prague definitely was. (Soon, coming week, on my website some abstracts and photos of the beautiful evenbt.)

And Jan you are very correct in what you said "Regrettably this organizer don´t want heard some good advices, what gave him some elder and experienced exhibitors... It´s big damage for so good primal thought. He also didn´t publicized, who was in judgment commission and if his assistant were wrote results on labels by tanks, he wrote positions also on tanks without fishes...... I didn´t know, which people were in angel´s judgement, etc." And unfortunately Horst Linke is no discus expert whatsoever.

And you are also correct in saying:..." these unprofessional and unserious access were one from things, what madden H. Bleher...."

The Prague exhibition was an success and will always be, those organizers are perfect, also in responding, coordinating, publishing, advertising and their display and friendliness was beautiful. Every fish healthy and perfect, and really exceptional quality, also the angelfishes. My lectures also went very well (about collecting 400 green discus last August in Amazonia, and the lecture about all angelfishes in nature with a detailed explanation about P. altum - which no one on earth has breed successfully until this very day) hundreds came from several countries to listen to them and immediately invited me for other lectures in other Czech events fin the year 2010 and again for this championship in 2011.
I can only very well recommend to go their in two years time and Prague is a beautiful city, not to be missed by anyone on this planet.

All the very best to all of you,

always
Heiko Bleher
www.aquaprtess-bleher.c om

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 am 

Thanks for the info and pics.

Best Regards..............Tony