re: Altum 225 tank build

Tea time! I'll dose them out until I get some from Amy... looks like Suehash family is out of business... Thnx a mil Mike.
Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

I use cattapa leaves as well but on my show tanks I took a tip from Dirk and I make a pot of rooibos tea 3bags to the pot ,I use R/O water and add as much to the tank to get the desired tint . I've been doing this for about a year now and the altums love it , no caffeine it's all natural .

Doug

So as most can see this is defiantly an addiction...so after many Almond leave teas, boiling peat, and making Rooibos tea I still wasn't getting the color I was looking for. So I thought why not make the color, plus add all the other stuff because its seams the fish like the tea mix. So I used a spare piece of acrylic I had, painted it with many different strips and patterns of muilt shades of red, brown, yellow, orange. The paint is both translucent and transparent at points. I also put in another small light in which a can turn on to brighten the tank for cleaning and for more depth of viewing if I like. I posted a video to show. Tell me what you think

http://youtu.be/AXRUDaRv0rc

http://youtu.be/Jc3-eJGp3Xg

Re: Altum 225 tank build

As to the Filpro Sand, do you have a close picture of it?

I am wondering if it would be too much of a bother for you to zoom in on a few grains of that sand you have?

What about weight of sack and price?

*****Never mind, I just read earlier $9.00 for 50 pound bag... right?*****

*****So this sand size you picked #00, exactly how fine is it?... any approximation as to grain size in millimeters?*****

Ed
God listens. He may not always give you everything you want, when you want it; but he always gives you what you really need, when you need it most!
E.R.

Re: Altum 225 tank build

Thanks, I am always on the lookout for a suitable substitute for the Torpedo Beach sand I recommend.
The HD quartz silica is a bit angular for my likes and the fish can scrape theirselves when frightened.
Ed
E.R.