It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 am 

I have been building this cabinet for about 8 months now, and I am pleased with the outcome. So here are some pictures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:06 am 

More pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 am 
Administrator

Wow! Your craftsmanship is really impressive. I've seen some nice aquarium furniture on the market... but nothing close to this.
Ed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 am 
Administrator

I'm not sure if it's the grain of the photograph or if it is the grain on the actual material, veneer or paint that you used... but it looks like a polished dark granite countertop... if that's the effect you were looking for, that's what I see in the photo.
Ed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm 

No these photos were taken from an iPod so its is sort of horrible quality, I will be using my real camera to take better pictures later

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 am 
Administrator

Can't wait to see them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 am 

I took a trip to Japan last year and measured out the ADA cabinets they were selling in the store and took millions of pictures. I did a lot of research to find the actual material used in the fabrication of the cabinets, so I set out to make my cabinet to the exact specifications. The only thing that is not the same would have to be the paint. I couldn't find "Gun Metallic Grey" anywhere. I will be building more of these cabinets for the 60P and another 90P. This time I will include pictures of the process.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 pm 
Administrator

You're quite a craftsman Reese. You should think of setting up your own company to make these. Honestly, even in low resolution pics, your job looks magnificent. If I had money to spare, I'd contract one with you, if I had a tank worthy of such a stand.
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 pm 

Hey thanks Ed, still havent had the chance to upload the new pics. I'm in the process of moving. I have learned everything I know about woodworking after spending my 2 year agreement from an "Ajushi" (Older Married Man) woodworker out here in Korea. Satisfied by this project to say the least. Once again thanks!